CE MARK ON STAIRS, SCAFFOLD, AERIAL PLATFORMS AND LIFTS
Which products for work at height must be CE certified?
Some important notice:
- The CE mark is not applicable to ladders and scaffolding
- In the lifting sector, the CE mark is applicable to machinery that lift people or materials in a mechanized way.
- For aerial platforms with lifting of one or more operators, up to m 3 at the foot, the CE mark is a self-certification (EN280 - EN1570).
- Obligation to draw up a technical file.
- For electric material elevators with a capacity of up to 199 kg, the CE mark is a self-certification. Obligation to draw up a technical file.
- For manual material elevators, the CE mark is a self-certification regardless of the capacity. Obligation to draw up a technical file.
- Over 3 m at the foot for aerial platforms and 199 kg of capacity for elevators, the CE mark must be issued by a body in charge.
- In this case the costs are significant and inconvenient for the sale of, for example, a single machine. Drafting of a much more complex technical file.